Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last Post for 2 Months

Please go to my other blog: http://worldswerver.livejournal.com/ as I travel and blog through South America for the next 2 months.

Just gonna cover some highlights from the last week:
1. Paid for my binding fees for my thesis, I am officially graduated and have completed my master's degree.
2. Got my passport back from the Surinamese Embassy with the Visa, arranged to have my car insurance suspended, will suspend my phone on tuesday, printed out my itinerary and flights, booked my first hostel in Cartagena, and arranged for my debit/credit cards to be unblocked for my trip. Basically all pre-trip preparations have been made except for packing.
3. I decided to postpone reading the Jungle and am about halfway through Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. Its tremendous so far, and I also bought some other books. A few of these will make the journey with me to South America.
4. Had Sushi with a friend thursday night and visited another friend in Anaheim friday night.

That is about it. Just need to finish packing my bag and my room up so my dad can move my stuff for me while I am gone. Take care everyone, I'll see you in a few months!

No comments: