Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Quarter 2009

Hey everyone,

How is everyone doing? I'm doing well, but things are starting to get busy. I have 2 classes (which I am not really enjoying, but hoping they get better) and an independent study. For the study, I have to read 3 economics book and write an essay about each one. I have also started my college apps (I'm applying to 6 schools in the US and 5 in the UK). Im in the process of writing the statement of purpose and research proposals for those. I need to order my GRE scores, transcripts, and contact my professors for letters of recommendation. I also need to keep working on my thesis, which I have failed to do so... definitely a lot of stuff to do.

I started back to work, in fact this is my third weekend back and it is going well. I have been running and playing tennis again, so its nice to be getting back into shape. My body feels pretty healthy, and I have been trying to eat healthier too. I have also started playing my xbox a lot lately, which I am sure is detrimental to my studies but oh well. I bought assassins' creed and beat that in a week. Its a great game, lots of fun, and im looking forward to the second one which comes out in a month. I also bought Bioshock, which is a really unique first person shooter. I am about 4 hours into it and it is a great game about an underwater city. I also bought the new Halo and have only played the firefight mode but it is just a blast. After beating assassins' creed, I took it back and reserved Dragon Age. Dragon Age is like a massive RPG set in the medieval/fantasy realm and is suppose to have 80 hours of gameplay. Im sure my life will truly shut down after that.

I have some exciting events coming up too. Tomorrow, my dad and I are going to watch the Yankees vs. Angels in Anaheim in game 3 of the conference series. Im really stoked about this as NY is up 2-0 after winning a marathon game in the bottom of the 13th inning last night. I have never been to a baseball playoff game so it should be exciting. Then, next sunday, Im going to see Black eyed peas and U2 live in concert WOO! I bought these tickets like 6 months ago and I can't believe the concert is finally here.

I think I might be going up to Santa Barbara or San Diego for halloween. I haven't completely decided, but I want to do something fun. Anyways, thats about it from my own. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Sarah Laurence said...

Good luck with your applications and go Yankees!