Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday sunday

Not sure why, but that song just popped in my head (The one in my title). Well its been an up and down few days since wednesday. My alternator was bad so I had to spend another 150 to replace it. Then, Roger Federer lost to Novak Djokovic on friday and played really poorly. He got so frustrated he smashed his racket, which is something you never see from him. I think his back is injured more than he is letting on, hopefully switching to the clay season will help him out. Then, last night, Uconn lost in the final four to Michigan State. Mich St. didn't really do anything special, Uconn just played poorly. They couldn't make shots, free throws, rebound, or play good transition defense. Oh well, was still a great year for them, their women play tonight in the final four and should win comfortably.

I just finished reading Reason in History by Hegel, A german philosopher from the 19th century. It was one of the most intense reads ever for me maybe. Only 95 pages but it took me like 5 hours to get through, just so much information and weird lingo going on. Im starting on the Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau, which should be a bit easier of a read. Ive read 3 books for my History Proseminar class which starts monday, its good too because there is seriously like 10 books; so its good im getting a jump on it.

Played tennis last night. Oh yeah I didn't write this down, but I actually beat my friend before I left for Cancun. I took a set off of him 6-3, I was up 5-1 but he won a few more games before I closed it out. I don't know what it was about watching the professionals live, but something clicked for me. All facets of my gave have gotten significantly better in just a month. I probably had 10 aces in 5 sets last night. He beat me pretty easily, but one set was 6-4. It seems like there is always one set where it is close like 6-4 now, which is nice. Its nice to be getting considerably better in something, always a good feeling. I have new strings and overgrip on the way because my strings are dead, Ive been playing with them for like 6 months now. I need to get some balls too.

Talked to my uncle Pat last night for like 30 minutes, it was really nice. My dad and uncle brendan are going up there in 2 weekends for a late 50th celebration for my dad. I wish I could go but I have to work, my uncle joel from washington is even flying down so its going to be all 6 brothers again. They are going to go to reno and do some other fun stuff. Oh yeah, I bought two tickets for the coldplay concert in July that is going to be in LA so im really pumped about that I love Coldplay. Also, Im buying my tickets to see U2 at the Rose Bowl tomorrow. They go on sale at 10am and its in October. Im so pumped these are like my 2 fave bands.

Im excited for school tomorrow, hopefully I have some cool people or good looking women in some of my classes haha. I know my graduate will be blah cause I know the people in it, but hopefully the class itself is good. The other two we will see, one of them is with my thesis mentor so that will be sweet. Should be a fairly easy quarter, each class only has like 2 papers and a test so not too much work. Oh yeah, I might be going to see fast and furious tonight with my friend Caroline, which would be cool I want to see it. If that falls through, then who knows. Talk to you later

No comments: