Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

This marks the 234 year anniversary of the declaration of independence. Im very thankful for living in this country and all the freedoms we have and I hope everyone else is too.

World Cup is getting interesting Germany, who has dominated, plays Spain in the semis and Uruguay plays The Netherlands. My money is on the Dutch and Germans advancing with Germany winning it all. The Wimbledon final was today too, which was won by Rafa Nadal in straight sets over Tomas Berdych. Im a Federer fan, as most people know, but I definitely respect Nadal's game and I hate Berdych so it was nice to see.

Read a few books this week: Waiting for Godot, a funny french play about two guys who sit around waiting for some guy named Godot. Also, I read Crimes against Logic a great book my friend Kat let me borrow. Its about logical fallacies and how present they are in today's society. I'm about to start Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, which I have seen performed, but haven't read.

I had a pretty productive week overall. Ran 4 times, worked out once, and played tennis once. I am also making a conscious effort to eat healthier. My calorie intake is good, but I have been eating shit. So I'm trying to eat better and you can really feel what a difference it makes when your exercise. Also, I emailed Chapter's 3 and 4 to Professor Jones and Chapter's 1 and 2 to Dr. Pytell, so I've had a few days break from the thesis.

I start my last online teaching class on tuesday, I am excited to get it over with. I am hoping to get my chapters back hopefully next weekend, so I can begin making those corrections. The first draft is due July 23, so time is a ticking.

Hope everyone is good.

No comments: