Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wedding Bells and Travel Plans

Congratulations to my good friends Shane Trimmer and Monica Escajada who are getting married July 24 in Sacramento. I will have the pleasure of attending the wedding and I am quite excited seeing its really my first wedding to attend as an adult.

Quite the busy week planned. Tonight I am going to Palm Springs, Tues-Wed I am in LA for an interview with a company that runs english schools in Japan. Then either Wed night or Thursday I will leave for San Francisco, stay there until Saturday morning, then go up to the wedding. After that I will probably stay in Auburn until Tuesday and drive home.

Also, I got thesis corrections from my Thesis mentor and from Dr. Jones that I need to get working on; first draft is due July 29. I finished "Last days of Socrates" which was great, and am now working on The Oresteia Trilogy by Aeschylus. Also, got my Xbox back so have been playing that a bit a well.

Christian came up Thursday from Laguna Beach and we went and played tennis on the clay court in Riverside. It was fun but HOT. Its been 105 for the last 3 days and today is no different. Lets see, Spain won the world cup (vamos) and today a South African named Louis Oosthuizen won the British Open out of nowhere by 7 shots.

Im getting really ancy for the end of summer, when my thesis will be (hopefully) finished and I can go travel. Either teaching english abroad or just traveling on my own, either way it will be great, Im really looking forward to it. Just trying to decide where and in which manner I should do it. If I happen to land this gig Im interviewing for this week, I would go to Japan in Feb/March; which would give me several months to go travel on my own. If this is the case, then I would probably do a South America/Europe trip.

Anyways on to other things.. Lets talk music. I have recently really gotten into John Mayer (apparently 5 years late) and man he makes some great music. I bought Battle Studies and Continuum. Great stuff. I also got Enrique Iglesias's new CD, Euphoria. Its not bad, a good mix of spanish and english songs. Not as good as Seven or Insomniac, but definitely has some good songs on it. OH, I finally broke down and bought another Ipod. Shoutout to Jackson for sending me the link to Apple's store, I got an 8 gig vid Ipod in black for 100 bucks including shipping and tax. Pretty sweet since I havent had one for like a year.

I feel like I should post more deep, intellectual posts of like my deep thoughts as this blog is really just like a recap of what I do each week, but I have deep thoughts all week with all my free time and I would literally post 10 times a day if I did this. Oh well haha.

No comments: