Sunday, July 11, 2010

World Cup Final

We are about 15 minutes to the kick off to the World Cup Final which features Spain vs the Netherlands. Neither team has won the Cup before, and this is Spain's first visit to the final so it plans to be an exciting match. Germany won a wild one over Uruguay yesterday 3-2. I'm sad to see the tournament ending as I have really enjoyed it.

I had a really fun week. Monday I played some tennis. Tuesday, I hung out with my friend Christian who I met in spain. He is visiting his cousins who live in Laguna Niguel. We had some dinner in Laguna Beach and walked around and then went to World Team Tennis in Newport Beach. Michael Chang, former world #2 and French Open champion was there and he was nice enough to take a picture with me. Good times.

Wednesday, I worked out and ran and then my buddy Mike drove up from San Diego that night. On thursday, we went to the cabazon outlets and got some shirts. Then we drove up to Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear lake for the day, where we ate lunch and walked around. It was gorgeous up there, I had not been to Arrowhead in a couple year and had only been to Big Bear once as a kid years ago. Then, we rolled back to my house and just hung out.

On friday we went to my work and hung out. Afterwards we saw "Get Him To The Greek" at the 2$ movie theatre, it was ok, had some pretty funny parts. Saturday I went to work and then drove down to Anaheim to see my buddy Rocky from high school. He recently got a job at ATT there and got an apartment right by his job. We got him settled in then went to 2 cool bars in downtown Fullerton: Bourbon Street and Slidebar. Both had good crowds and themes, you can tell that downtown Fullerton has a pretty good nightlife. Then, we went back to his apartment for some margaritas and headed across the street to the bar/club/lounge that is right by his place. Unfortunately, we got there a little late and they weren't letting people in anymore. However, the place was packed and seemed like a good vibe so we will have to go there again.

Woke up this morning, got a bagel at starbucks and drove home to take a quick shower before work. For today, Im just gonna watch the game and complete the 2 assignments I have for my teaching class that are due by midnight. I finished "A Midsummer Nights Dream" which was great and am now working my way through the "Last Days of Socrates" written by Plato, which is really good so far.

Some thesis news: turns out the first draft isn't due until July 29 so that gives me 6 extra days to work on it. My graduate coordinator emailed me back and was happy with the progress that has been made which is nice. I am just waiting to get my chapters back from Dr. Jones so I can get working on it because there isn't anything I can really do until then. Also, I got an email from the journal in which I had a paper published a few months ago and they are sending my 5 copies of the article so I am stoked for that.

Hopefully will have a good week, get some work and exercize in! Take care!

No comments: