Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I hope everyone had a great time with family and friends. My dad and I went up north for like 5 days and it was a blast. I got to see a ton of my friends.. some I hadn't seen since I graduated and I got to reconnect with some of the people that are the most important to me so that was amazing. I even made a new friend, so it was really nice. I just really love that area, I feel the most comfortable and in my element there. Lets see, ate some food of course, played some board games (Scattergories is legit thats all I'm saying), watched some football, played golf for the first time in 3 months (lets just say the first 3 holes were unbelievably bad). It was a really good time though, unfortunately I wasn't able to meet up with everyone I had plans with or wanted to see; but for the most part it worked out pretty good. Hopefully I'll head back up there again in a month or so, at least that is the plan.

Its back to reality now. I have two weeks before my quarter is up and a lot of unfinished business left to go as far as writing papers. I need to really crunch this week and try to knock out as much of it as possible. That way next week (finals week) ill be able to just coast. I know I can do it I just have to maintain this state of concentration and motivation that I have right now. Oh yeah, tomorrow I find out whether I passed the CSET or not... big day. If I passed I might be able to student teacher this upcoming spring and get it over with, otherwise I'll have to wait until the fall. Either way its not really a big deal, but I hope I passed it just so I don't have to deal with it again. Plus, its hella expensive (70$ for each subtest and there were 3), but the good news is that if you pass one section you don't have to take it again.

Other than that, I finished my Grandpa's book. It has a a really good story/plot, but the syntax is a little weird and the character development feels rushed. I liked it though. I guess thats really all I have to update on, traffic was a nightmare getting up north but coming home it wasn't bad. I feel really good after that trip, Im always really happy around the holidays. Theres just something about it, I don't know what, but I like it. I think I'm going to leave off on that note. Have a great night world.

No comments: