Saturday, January 10, 2009

BIG TIME!!!


For those of you who do not know what that picture is of, it is where I will be spending my spring break for 5 days and 6 nights, from March 26 (my birthday) to March 31.... CANCUN!!! I am so pumped for this!! It all started with me wanting to do something and go abroad for spring break. I have been checking airfare for a few weeks and trying to decide where I wanted to go. I finally had an idea that it might be fun to go somewhere tropical for spring break since I have never done that; in fact besides going to Maui for a week one summer I haven't been anywhere tropical period. So I called my buddy Matt and after talking about it, planning on a trip to Cabo San Lucas for 6 hours, realizing that wouldn't work, then spending another 6 hours planning a trip to Cancun and finally pulling the trigger on it. This all occurred yesterday too by the way. I am so excited for this trip for a couple of reasons:
1. Gives me motivation to run/lift weights to look good for my birthday and the trip.
2. Gives me something to look forward to after this next quarter of school.
There is so many cool things to do in Cancun.. obviously the nightlife, clubs, bars etc will be awesome. However, there is also snorkel, scuba, atv, horseback riding, beaches(some of the most beautiful white sand beaches and crystal blue water in the world), deep sea fishing, Mayan Ruins, golf, tennis, shopping... and the list goes on and on. My friend Matt doesn't have his passport yet so hes going to get that, which is good because I think everyone should have it. Also his airfare roundtrip out of Sacramento was 430$... pretty cheap and its only going to get more expensive as time goes on. Mine including the hotel booking was like 697$, the flight stand alone was like 320$ so 5 nights at the hotel was only 380$ about 75$ a night which is really cheap for cancun especially on spring break. The brilliant thing too is that we are staying right in the hotel zone which has the best beaches and nightlife.
One last thing about Cancun... our other friend Garrett might come which would be fun and good because the hotel would be cheaper and this is like a once in a lifetime experience.
Hmm, thats my big news for the last 5 days.. My teaching credential class is going and seems pretty good so far; real school starts monday night which will be nice to get back on the grind. Oh, I played tennis tonight and during the day on thursday. I really have improved quite a bit which is nice. My friend I play with is a 4.0 and I actually played a set with him tonight in which I broke him 3 times and held my serve once so I only lost the set 4-6; a big improvement for me! My serves actually are getting better and more consistent as are my groundstrokes.
Well I know this was a long post, but I guess it doesn't matter since no one reads my blog haha. Im just so excited about Cancun. I have a blog I run on my International trips and I might have to bust it out for this trip. Although, this time I don't know if I want some of my older family members reading it haha. Anyways, Im figuring out my workout/training regiment for the next 2.5 months and I AM SO EXCITED FOR CANCUN!!! Talk to you all soon!

No comments: