Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yesterday was one of the greatest sports days to be me!


First, Uconn's Mens basketball team which is ranked #3 in the nation beat #19 Notre Dame at Notre Dame. They won by about ten points and this is huge because Notre Dame had the nation's longest home winning streak at 45 games. It was a great win and since the #1 team lost last week, Uconn should be ranked #2 just behind the hated Duke Blue Devils. Next, Uconn's Womens basketball team which is ranked #1 and has been all year rolled up poor Cincinatti by about 35 points. Things are looking good for Uconn basketball, especially the women who have not lost all year and beat the #2 ranked North Carolina by about 30. The men have only lost once, so things are looking good.
Then, I went and played Tennis with my friend John and FINALLY figured out how to spin the ball in on my serve. Its more a slider spin then the traditional top spin the pros use as there second serve. But, when I got it in John had some trouble returning it, so I played fairly well and Im getting better. I just dont get my backhand right now though, it consistantly floats out of the court. That is easily the worst part of my game right now and I need to figure out how to make it better. Also, I hit some flat serves with more velocity and some pretty good forehands. I even landed a drop shot on him, so things are improving there.
Finally, I get home to Watch Roger Federer (above) play Tomas Berdych in the fourth round of the Aussie Open. They have played 8 times, Roger has only lost once it was the very first time they played at the 2004 olympics. Berdych won the first two sets and Roger managed to come back and win the last 3 sets to win the match. Besides the Wimbledon final last year, it was one of the best matches I have seen. All in all it was a good day. Im just working on some football stuff right now (watching film) and im excited that ill be playing tennis again tonight at 5. See you later

No comments: