Thursday, December 4, 2008

808s and Heartbreak


So I know a lot of people don't like Kanye West, personally I think he is way misunderstood. However, you can't argue that this guy doesn't make fire and work harder than almost anyone in the music industry. I saw him live at the Glow In The Dark Tour and I can tell you that I have never seen a better performance in my entire life. Anyways, his new cd 808s and Heartbreak is not a rap cd, its a r&b cd that he uses auto-tune on to sing. Auto-tune is like the cher thing from a few years back where you computerize your voice. The Cd is about his mom Dr. Donda West passing on earlier this year and him breaking up with his long-time fiance. Anyways if you like good music with a lot of emotion, you will absolutely love this cd. Its been on repeat on my computer as I work on school work and in my car all week long since I got it.

School update: I finished my 25 page paper today, what a relief. For my Africa class, the teacher gave me an example of the compilation and its going to be a lot easier than I thought. My group definately made the right choice when we chose to do this project instead of the regular class. Not only is it a lot easier, but it is something that is actually going to be used by the NSA, which is awesome. Anyways, thats all I got but go check out 808s and Heartbreak with an open mind and you might find a new artist that you respect and can connect with a little. Oh, and go donate to the Jimmy V fund! http://www.jimmyv.org. Much love to you all

No comments: