Saturday, December 20, 2008

Uconn basketball and grades


I finally got to watch my beloved Uconn Huskies basketball team play today. Their men's team is ranked #2 in the nation and their women are ranked #1. Since they are from back east, I rarely get to see them unless they are on national tv. Today was such a day when they played the #7 ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs. It was one of the best regular season college basketball games I've seen in a long time. Uconn started off hot and led by 11 early but Gonzaga came back and led by 11 with about 11 minutes left in the game. Uconn fought and crawled back and A.J. Price, their senior guard, hit a huge three with about 8 seconds left to tie the game and force overtime. Uconn pulled away in OT and won the game. It was awesome to watch, and different from many Uconn teams in 2 respects. First, they were excellent from the free throw line, something that traditionally is a bad area of the game for the Huskies. Secondly, they fought back when they were down and pulled out a win against a potential final four team. I think Uconn has a legitimate shot at the Nat'l championship for both Men's and Women's this year; exciting times. They play Buffalo in football for a bowl game coming up too, so Uconn's major sports are doing well.
Grades... My final grade was posted this morning. Proseminar for Poli Sci: A, Central Asian comparative politics: A, Terrorism in Africa: A- = 3.9 GPA. I'm so happy and surprised to do so well in my first quarter of grad school. My first four teaching credential classes have been 3 a-'s and 1 a; so in all my classes so far i have gotten all a's and a-'s. Pretty awesome and I just finished my 5th teaching class and will get either an A or A- in it too. Hopefully I can keep it up. Im really happy. Hope everyone else had such a happy day too, talk to you later.

No comments: