Monday, December 8, 2008

Why do good days have to have bad turns to them?


So this is about how I felt earlier. The day started off great, was pretty much done with school, getting ready for my interview with National. So I get to National and I find out that I actually can't student teach until I have finished my coursework, which won't be until June. Hmm... I wonder why my advisor would: 1. schedule my classes in a way that I didn't get all of the requisites out of the way first and 2. tell me that after completing my first 3 classes I would be eligible to student teach. So I tried really hard not to get too angry because I still had to do my interview which I did a pretty good job on the lady seemed to like me enough. The next wonderful thing to happen was that I was suppose to submit my group's compilation for my terrorism in africa class. I had finished my portion, incorporated one group member's work, and then I never heard from the other group member. Now im not really mad at him because he is usually nails, but coupled with what had happened earlier I was just like come on you can't do this to me. I never even heard from him either, I hope he is okay, I just called him to check. I talked to the professor too and he said it was cool to turn it in tomorrow. Its not actually due until wednesday really so its not a big deal I just want to get it in and over with.
So, that pretty much sucked. The good news is that I really will be done with school tomorrow. I have one more quiz to take in my comparative politics class, turn in my final paper for that class tomorrow, email my analytical book review and final exam essay for another class, and turn in my Africa compilation. So I will be legitimately done. The silver living too I guess is that I can really load up on classes next quarter and the spring quarter. That way, when I student teach in the fall I will just have to student teach and take my core classes. If I can swing it right, ill be completely done with my electives after the spring quarter. That way I'll only have two courses left to take which are the core ones ill take in the fall and then the winter quarter. That way I can focus on my thesis, student teaching and only one class. So maybe it happened for a reason. It just really pissed me off that my advisor gave me false information. Its been my experience in college that advisors and counselors really just jerk you around and never give you the information you need. Maybe I should be a college counselor or write a book on it, or something haha. Anyways sorry to vent, but I don't get worked up to often and this was just one of those days. I did get 40$ back from selling my books to school, go Coyote bookstore haha. Oh man alright Im gone, hopefully my next post will be a little more pleasant.

No comments: